For sale through AB4x4s Cleveland and on behalf of a customer is a 1978 Land Rover series 3 2.25 petrol hardtop that has benefitted from a nut and bolt rebuild by its previous owner. Last year this came to us with a few jobs to complete the project so has covered very little miles since.
We are delighted to be selling it for the second time knowing how superb it was when we had completed the work. Unfortunately, the present owner, a very sweet chap, now needs to sell due to health problems. He has however totally cherished it and made over £2000 of upgrades.
These are to include;
- New side steps
- New fuel Tank
- Reconditioned steering box
- New battery
In the last 2 years or so listed below is the huge work undertaken-
- CHASSIS- Shot blasted, repaired with new outriggers and crossmember then painted with 5 litres of chassis paint then stone chip. This should keep it nice for many years to come.
- AXLES- Fully rebuilt then painted.
- SUSPENSION- New parabolic springs, shock absorbers and u bolts.
- ENGINE- This underwent a full rebuild which included-
- New pistons and seals
- New big ends
- New mains
- New gaskets
- New Water pump
- New lift pump
- New carb
- New starter
- BULKHEAD- Shot blasted, repaired and painted
- BRAKES- New all round including pipes, master cylinder, shoes and cylinders.
- ELECTRICS- Full new chassis loom
- New engine loom
- All new lights
- WHEELS- Shot blasted, painted limestone then fitted with brand new tyres x 5
- INSIDE- 3 new seats fitted with new belts.
- New rubber mat set
- We can fit rear bench seats if so required. Please inquire about prices.
- BODYWORK- Stripped and sprayed with 10 litres of marine blue paint.
- New door tops
- New door bottoms
- New rear tub floor
- New sills
All in all here is a chance to purchase a well built Series 3 that is ready to use.
It has had a mere 5 former keepers in its 43 years which is rare. It comes with a massive wad of receipts for the thousands of pounds spent, let alone the man hours to rebuild it.
It has had stainless fixings where possible so no rusting issues. It is now a very presentable example that gets admired wherever it goes.
It is mot and tax exempt making this a super cheap yet appreciating classic. We are pricing this one for a quick sale at £14995.
Please call Anthony on 07947608966 for any further information. Delivery can be arranged at £1.10 a mile one way.