Information about financing this vehicle
For sale through AB 4x4s and rarely available is this 1958 Land Rover Series 1 88″ soft top that has been restored on a galvanised chassis and Radford galvanised bulkhead.
This Series 1 has had a mere 2 former owners from new, quite remarkable for a 64 year old vehicle.
It also maintains its original engine and gearbox along with every other original part it was made with.
It was rebuilt in around 2010 and done a mere 650 miles since with MOT certificates to prove. Always stored in a heated garage this Series 1 now deserves to be used. There is a file of pictures from the rebuild and also a cd with numerous pictures throughout the rebuild process.
We believe the mileage of 66k miles to be correct which is quite something. This is probably due to being off the road for many years.
So, below i will list some of its numerous assets.
* CHASSIS– This was a new galvanised chassis and still looks new. It will remain maintenance free with no worry about rust.
* BULKHEAD– This was an expensive Radford bulkhead, renowned for quality and precision. It was hot dipped galvanised to ensure longevity.
* GEARBOX– This had all necessary work to it and changes gear totally as it should. The addition of a Fairey overdrive makes cruising far quieter and economical.
* RUNNING GEAR– All this was new and still looks it. Stops superbly in a straight line and sits on the road as it should.
* BODYWORK– This was left with its patina which in my opinion makes it even more original. It was however resprayed in 2 pack bronze green and looks charming.
* INSIDE– As good as the outside it has 3 new seats to the front and 2 galvanised bench seats to the rear from Exmoor trim. This makes it a 7 seater so great for taking your mates out for a swift one at the local or great for transporting your family about.
As can be seen in the photos, every original feature is present and correct like the Smiths heater and Lucas wiper motors.
* ENGINE– This is the original engine starting 111 as does the chassis number. It had all necessary work to it with pictures to prove. Runs like a swiss watch. Had many new or reconditioned parts to include the wiring loom. Basically everything was done that needed to be.
So in conclusion this is a super high spec vintage Land Rover that will prove reliable and cost effective. They are increasing in value by the day and being tax and MOT free there is little to pay for. It will also qualify for free entry to city centres where hefty emission costs incur.
We can deliver worldwide or locally. Please ask for prices.
A small fully refundable deposit would secure it by card or bank transfer.
Please call Anthony on the details below for further information.