For sale through AB 4x4s and on behalf of a customer is this fully rebuilt Land Rover Series 1, 1955 86” soft top.
MOT and TAX exempt.
This is a super original example with original Engine, gearbox, chassis and bulkhead, a real rarity.
It is believed to be 36k genuine miles as the last owner had it for 30 years where it sat undercover awaiting a much needed restoration.
Here is a detailed list of the extensive work completed;
- ENGINE – Original and fully rebuilt. Runs like a sewing machine.
- GEARBOX– Original and again fully rebuilt. Operates without fault. Brand new clutch fitted.
- BULKHEAD– This is the original bulkhead. It received new galvanised footwells and pillars. Looks amazing.
- CHASSIS– Original with new rear quarter chassis. Dumb irons and outriggers rebuilt. Looks as good as new.
- AXLES– These have been fully rebuilt with bearings and swivels, please see pics.
- WIRING LOOM– This was new from Autosparks
- BODYWORK– This received a full restoration then finished in Pastel green. Looks like it’s just come off the production line. All cappings were shotblasted and re galvanised. All glass is new to include windscreen.
- The hood and sticks are also brand new.
- INSIDE– Well this is a super place to be, sporting brand new seats and everything looking shiny and new. Wiper motors are rebuilt and steering wheel refurbished. To the rear has had the same treatment. We can fit 2 x bench seats with belts if you need transportation for up to 7 passengers.
So, all in all this top class restoration is available for £35k, if we had completed this restoration it would cost a lot more, given all the man hours. This would be a great one to add to your collection or for trips to the local, winding through the country lanes.